Friday, May 13, 2011

Everything you wanted to know about.....ME!!

Well, I thought that for my first post, I would share some things about myself. 

I live in Papillion, Nebraska.  I am a proud mama of 2 adorable kids, 1 girl and 1 boy.  I have been married to my husband for almost 6 years.  We met in high school while working at Omaha Steaks.  I graduated from college at Creighton University with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.  I started my nursing career at the University of Nebraska Medical Center on the transplant floor.  We did all liver, pancreas, kidney and small bowel transplants.  I loved this job so much!!  When I had my daughter, I couldn't do a job that I had to be gone for 12 hours straight anymore, so I started working at a home infusion company.  I have since gotten a job doing oncology case management.  The best part about this job?  I get to work from HOME!!!  I love being able to pop downstairs and see my kiddies during the day.  I still work for the infusion company on the side to get in my face-to-face patient contact fix. My husband is an electrician.  Needless to say, we are busy, busy, busy around here!  Here is a picture of my family:


Things I love: 
Dr. Pepper-  I am far beyond Dr. Pepper's best customer!
Food-    I love to cook, make my own barbecue sauce and seasoned butter, but don't underestimate my equal love for fast food or restaurants (in general any good I don't have to cook)!  My favorite part of any meal is dessert...chocolate on chocolate preferably....mmmm
Stupid Movies:  Anchorman, Zoolander, you name it!!
Other movies:  I also have some very classic favorites, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Tombstone and the Shawshank Redemption are among my favorites.  And the best part is, I can recite almost all of these movies word for word....don't even need to watch them!
Music:  I come from a family with a very broad music library.  We love all kinds of music.
Hobbies:  I like to sew and have recently started screen printing.  I am a decent sewer, not great, but I try.
College Football:  Specifically Husker football.  I usually watch every Big 12 game, but it looks like this year, I will have to become adjusted to Big 10 games....

Things I hate:
Reality shows-  I still give in to a few, the Biggest Loser, and recently The Voice, but I usually try to avoid watching them (mostly because if I do, no matter how bad the show, I become ridiculously addicted and can't stop watching them)
My local news trying to do heavy investigative reporting and "break" huge stories.
Meatloaf, grape jelly and Frito's/corn nuts-  I don't know why, just can't even stand the smell of them.
One cake that I do not like:  German Chocolate

So there is a little about me, I look forward to you joining me for curiosity quests!

No comments:

Post a Comment